How neat!?? Another blogger award! I never get tired of these! A BIG thank you to the lovely Beccie from Sew Retro Rose!!!
I am supposed to share seven things you don't normally know about me and also pass it onto fifteen bloggers. I think I may follow Beccie's footsteps and pass it to five bloggers I regularly read and follow and who I consider truly versatile.
I got a similar blogger award in January so you can read all about it at the attached link. I don't want to repeat my seven things you normally wouldn't know about me so here are seven more!
- I must have been Irish in another life because I really love potatoes! ( I, in no way mean that in any way but a good way) Even the Spanish version of potatoes called plantains (platanos).
- I started going thrifting with my grandma in my teens-we had so much shopping together-I miss it!
- I saw my first movie by myself at nineteen years old because I was fed up with "friends" canceling on me and changing plans. I decided I don't need anyone to enjoy something I love. The film was called "Dangerous Minds" A teacher movie...go figure.
- I was a teacher at an all girls Catholic High School for seven years before I left to become a stay at home mother. And yes! Being a stay at home mother is more work than being a teacher but the rewards are greater. I don't plan to go back to teaching for many years to come because I want to dedicate my teaching skills to my three children.
- If I were to go back to teaching, I would love to teach about classic film or women in WWII or something like that :)
- I wrote my first little book at nine years old, it had jokes in it and puzzles and a maze too. One day I will write a big girl book.....its on my bucket list hehee
- I have been journaling since I was nine years old. I don't journal as much but I do a lot of memory keeping for my family :)
I would like to pass this award to these following bloggers:
- I know, right? Jennifer is just seriously such an awesome young woman. She's open to what the world has to offer which is beautiful to see in a person. Her blog really does rock!
- Vintage Doris Amanda is new to the vintage blog world but she has such passion and love for vintage that it is totally contagious!
- Lost in the 50's Laurence is a total doll! Her and her husband live life as much in the 1950's as possible-their dedication is beautiful!
- Glamour Daze I LOVE her videos!! LOVE! LOVE! and more LOVE! She also has guides on hair and makeup from yesteryear that you can purchase on her blog!
- Fashionable Forties This amazing blogger has spent the last year recreating an entire 1940's vintage wardrobe and she has a four year plan! I truly admire her!!