Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mid-Winter Blues



If you live in Australia like some of my friends do, then it is currently summertime. Over here in the States and in Europe we are still stuck in wintertime. With that being said, did February feel like it dragged on and on and on and on for you? It certainly did for me! I felt like it would never be over and we are now finally in March!

New York has had an odd winter. It has only snowed a few times and very little. I have never experienced a winter like this, although I am not complaining. I just get concerned that Mother Nature is okay and all. And the first day of spring is technically March 20th-I have circled it and marked it on my calendar!! I am so ready!!

Anyway, when I was teaching we would have this event in March called "Mid-Winter Blues" day. There would be a theme and all the girls would dress up and even some teachers. And you guessed it-of course I was that teacher that would dress up! Any excuse not to wear my "teacher clothes" LOL I wish I had a photo to share but a few years back I lost some photos on my old computer when it crashed-boo!

So I was thinking of having a "Mid-Winter Blues" day theme on my blog....nah only kidding heheh Gee, how would that work?? LOL I have a better idea! I am going to write down a list of things we can all do to get out of the winter slump!

  1. Start working on your Spring/Summer Vintage Wardrobe.
  2. For those who model, start booking some shoots for April and May.
  3. Watch some Spring/Summer themed Classic Films--I just watched "Beach Party" and I felt the sun beaming on me. hehehe
  4. Make some waxing, threading, manicure, and pedicure appointments-why not? At least you will be all groomed and ready for when the warmer weather comes right?
  5. If you have children, make a list of Spring/Summer activities you hope to do together. I cannot wait to take mine to the Central Park Zoo again!
  6. If you haven't been on a date with your spouse or partner in a while, think of some romantic spots where you live that the two of you can go and have some much needed alone time *wink*
  7. Change something-get your hair cut, paint your nails a different shade, or dye your hair. But changes things up for yourself.
  8. Get some research done on vintage events in your town or city-that way when they come along you will be ready to join in the fun!
  9. Click on all your favorite vintage/retro/reproduction sites and look through the clothes to get some Spring/Summer inspiration.
  10. Try something new-a new recipe or a new craft. I love being creative and a few of my girlfriends are quite crafty and it's always nice to make something with your hands!
I hope this little list inspires you and gets you out of your mid-winter funk. There is so much to look forward to for the spring. I am so excited for my littlest man to go to the park now that he is walking. Lots of warm and fun times ahead-yeah!!!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...