Friday, August 24, 2012

Bunny's Book Club: Zelda: The Magazine of the Vintage Nouveau


Last Sunday when I attended the Jazz Age Lawn Party I finally got a chance to purchase an issue of Zelda: The Magazine of the Vintage Nouveau. I have been eyeing their sights and hoping one day I would get a chance to read this magazine since there are so few magazines dedicated to vintage. What makes this magazine even more special in my opinion is that not only is it published in New York but it also focuses on a time period of the 1920's-1930's.

Zelda Magazine was Founded by Diane Naegel who was huge vintage enthusiast. She tragically passed away in 2011 but she left behind such an incredible legacy with her magazine, as well as with her loved ones and many friends.

So now that I have an issue in my hands, I wanted to share a little bit of what was inside Issue #2 from 2010.


I will be honest, it was really hard to choose which issue to purchase but once I saw they had an interview with Robert Osborne, my heart just went all a flutter! I have a mad crush on this man! Not in a "I want to marry you way" but in a "I am in awe of him way". I just could sit and listen to him speak all day long. And yes-it's on my dream to-do list to go to the TCM Film Festival. I know, I know...I dream big. 

The interview with Mr. Osborne was divine as was every single page of this magazine. I mean it! It is so beautifully crafted and written and I am so pleased with it that I am hoping to subscribe to it at some point! 

Another amazing article that I just loved was of the last Ziegfeld Girl, Doris Eaton Travis. Zelda did a lengthy interview with her and I am so grateful that they did because she passed away in 2010 at the young age of 106! 

I think it is so important and valuable to write down the stories and memories of others. One of the big reasons I am the memory keeper in my family.

My favorite part of the interview was when Ms. Eaton Travis was asked if she had anything to say to their readers and the people who are interested in keeping the past and it's history alive. For all those who have doubts about their blogging, their passion for vintage, or just simply need some words of encouragement....Ms. Eaton Travis says it best. Read the excerpt below....


I just adore this magazine and look forward to reading more! I hope you liked it too! The latest issue for the Spring/Summer 2012 is available now as well.

xox

5 comments:

  1. This seriously looks like the coolest magazine EVER. :) You're so lucky to have a copy!

    I'm especially intriqued with that interview with Doris. I cannot believe she lived to 106! How awesome is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this magazine! I have never heard off his magazine. I love hearing about people from the Guilded Age. Did you hear about Hughette Clark? Sad about the end of her life. I would love to have a sneak peak into her apartment or estate in California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this, it was great to meet you at the Lawn Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you're a fellow Robert Osborne fan! I've heard of this resplendent magazine, but had never had a chance to peak inside an issue. Thank you very much for posting some pages from this copy and giving us a look inside Zelda - I now want a copy of my own all the more! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to advertise in Zelda. I was an online friend of Diane's. She was an amazing woman who died far too soon. It's fun magazine that I'm glad Don, her husband, is keeping vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...