Saturday, January 5, 2013

Old Hollywood Knitters



How cheeky is this photo of Grant attempting to knit in the film, "Mr. Lucky"!! Now that I have become a part of the knitting club, I decided to look online for inspirational photos and came across these! Aren't they sweet!

Ingrid Bergman and Alfred Hitchcock-super fabulous photo!
 Gloria Stuart knitting something beautiful I am sure!
 Marsha Hunt explaining the stitches to a co-star.
 Katherine Hepburn was many things including an avid knitter!
 Ginger Rodgers knitting in "Shall We Dance?"
Oh yes! MM was a knitter too! When I though I couldn't possibly love her more!

I hope you found these just as neat as I did! Now I am going to go and work on that Tardis blue scarf some more!!

xox

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I didn't think I could love MM any more, then I found out she knitted....yes, I think we could have been good friends. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post, Bunny! I can see your enthusiasm for your new found craft radiating through with each word and wonderful vintage image. Here's another fun yesteryear celeb knitting up a storm for you: http://www.flickr.com/photos/breipret/7214232382/


    Have an awesome weekend, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing a knitting picture with Carole Lombard too. I a lot of these golden age gals were knitters:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that a lot of film stars knit because it gives them something to do while they wait for their turn in front of the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was actually super cool! I had no idea many of these women knit, especially Marilyn. Maybe more young girls will see this and realize knitting is pretty freaking cool.

    I remember in America's Sweethearts when Julia Roberts knits and in an Entertainment Tonight interview, she admitted she's an avid knitter and does it in between takes of all her films. I thought that was awesome!

    PS. I'm sorry I haven't been around here lately. I've been enormously busy and have been neglecting blogging, I'm afraid. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! ♥ You and your blog are so lovely! :) Happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bunny,

    I just LOVE your new blog! Very inspiring.

    Happy New Year!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you everyone! You all are too sweet!!! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...