- Born Elizabeth Griscom on January 1, 1752
- She was the eighth of seventeen children!
- She began her career as an upholsterer a little before 1773 (she was 18-20 yrs old) and worked until she was in her seventies
- Was married three times-her first two husbands passed on but she had 34 years with her third husband
- She lost two of her seven daughters in their infancy
- She spent her last years blind and living with one of her daughters, Jane
- Passed away on January 30, 1936 at the ripe old age of eighty-four!
She also endured great strife in her life, losing three husbands and two children She also lost her mother, father, and sister-within days of each other during the Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1793.
Betsy Ross was a woman ahead of her time. She lived life the way she wanted to live it and worked hard at the things she loved-her craft, her business, her spouses, and her children.
She was a women that lived her life victoriously!